I was importing a database dump today where I encountered an error:
- MYSQL error 1071
A friend came and looked into the problem, he concluded that I need InnoDB to solve this problem.
But how do I activate INNODB for cPanel?
1- What I have:
- VPS (Virtual Private Server) www.maxserv.nl
- Shell root access
- WHM/CPanel (cPanel 11.25.0-R44718 – WHM 11.25.0 – X 3.9)
2 – Activating InnoDB
- Login into you VPS with SSH and root
- Open the following file
- Find the following line and comment it out.
Now login into you WHM
- Restart Services
- Click on: SQL Server (MySQL)
- Then confirm the process with a “Yes”
All of these steps should activate the InnoDB module, you can test it by going into your phpMyAdmin > SQL
Enter: show engines; command into the empty field and press <Start>
It should give the output:
|InnoDB||YES||Supports transactions, row-level locking, and fore…|